Shown with Mayor Leroy Sullivan Sr. and the Donaldsonville City Council are representatives of Ascension Small Business Power Week. Front row, from left, are Juanita Pearley of the Donaldsonville Area Chamber of Commerce, Mayor Sullivan, Lee Melancon of the Donaldsonville Downtown Development District, and Mike Eades of Ascension Parish Economic Development. Pictured top row, from left, are Lauthaught Delaney Sr., Rev. Charles Brown, Raymond Aucoin, Reginald Francis Sr., and Brent Landry. Photo by Michael Tortorich.
Mayor Leroy Sullivan Sr. has proclaimed August 16, 2016 Small Business Power Day in Donaldsonville.
The Mayor and City Council welcomed representatives of Ascension Small Business Power Week to the regularly-scheduled meeting Tuesday night.
The week of August 15-19 will include workshops throughout Ascension Parish:
- Monday, August 15, 6-8 p.m., Mission St. Event Center, Prairieville: Learn How to Get Assistance to Start or Grow a Small Business
- Tuesday, August 16, 9-11 a.m., Sorrento Civic Center, Sorrento: Sorrento Small Business Day Workshop
- Tuesday, August 16, 6-8 p.m., Rossie's/Triple M Bridal, Donaldsonville: Donaldsonville Small Business Day
- Thursday, August 18, 6-8 p.m., Gonzales Library, Gonzales: Gonzales Small Business Day
- Wednesday, August 17, 7:30 a.m.-noon, Lamar-Dixon Expo Center, Gonzales: Free Morning Small Business Workshops
Registration is free but required at smallbizpowerweek.eventbrite.com.
The events are presented by EATEL Business and sponsored by Dezins Interactive.
Entrepreneurs will be able to learn about the programs, services, and organizations in the parish available to small businesses.
In other matters Tuesday:
CRESCENT PARK UPDATE: Corey Blanchard, Engineering Division manager with SJB Group, discussed the Crescent Park renovation with the Council.
Blanchard said the park project is more than halfway finished.
The estimated completion date will be in early November.
Blanchard said the project is on schedule to finish sooner, though.
APPOINTMENT: The Council approved of the appointment of Councilman Brent Landry to represent the city on the Ascension Parish Economic Development Board.